Friday, September 9, 2016

Max's First Day of Preschool!

Max first started Upstart, and was so super excited!  He spent all last year watching Pace do it, and wanting to participate, and now it's his turn!  He was grinning ear to ear the whole day.  He's on a completely different level, naturally--he's starting a whole year later than when Pace started, but he's doing it with a huge grin.  I love that the program adapts to the child's level, and sticks with what the child needs to learn and focuses on the skills they need to improve on.  



Here he is, day 3, still grinning...and still nodding his head, grinning from ear to ear, when I ask him if "mat" and "bug" rhyme...that kid!


Max so rarely says he wants or loves something independent of what Pace wants or loves.  So when we're out running errands and he sees something and says, "Oh, mommy, I love that.  I just love it so much.", I usually cave and get it for him.  The other day, Max said he'd "always wanted the clothes that go over the shoulders like this," and he motioned his hands rubbing his shoulders.  "Um, overalls?"  I asked.  He grinned and started giggling (Max's way of letting you know you hit the nail on the head), "Yeah!  Over-walls!"  He was so excited to wear his "over-walls" on his first day of school.  (Pace has a school uniform and Max wants to make his red 
"over-walls" his school uniform.  I keep telling him he can wear whatever he wants, but he only wears those, so far...)

Max measured 39 1/4" on his first morning of Preschool!


Max was a little hesitant when I dropped him off, and wanted me to stay, but I snuck out when they started a Name project.  When I picked him up, he was all smiles!  


A few of Max's pearls of wisdom:

-On crossing the universe:  "And Mommy?  You actually get across the universe in a portal."
-On playing:  "But Mommy?  I want to play with an adult girl grown up."  "You mean you want to play with me?"  "Yeah!"  (giggling)
-On expression: "Mommy, I'm gunna totally show Pace this when we get home!"  (He's got the "totally" down pat.)

No comments: