Saturday, April 30, 2016

Tulip Festival Half Round II

My race this morning couldn't have had better weather!  After the 7 straight days of rain we've had, it was so nice to see blue skies and the warm sun!  This was my second time running this half, and it was dang hard.  Again.  I even spent time this time around training for those rollers on the golf course--laps on the overpass, trail running in the mountains--they were still tough.  I started out running 8 1/2 minute miles, then hit the rollers and slowed down to 10 1/2 minute miles, and dug into the deepest part of my legs to pick up the pace to a 9 1/2 minute mile for the last mile.  I finished at 2:09:41, beating last year's time by 7 minutes...which I know doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, it was a lot.  

Here are my attempts at taking ugly selfies.  I keep telling David I'm just not photogenic.  



Where's a golf cart when you need one??!!  After that run, I needed some help walking back to my car...


Haha, I love seeing the photos the race personnel post.  I always feel like I'm racing like an Olympian when I cross the finish line, and then I see photographic evidence...of how I really look like a speed walker, at best...haha.

Starting strong...


Finishing hard...I was really working hard to sprint the last little stretch of the finish line, and I thought everyone was cheering for me...turns out they were cheering for the easy-going high-fivinf dude behind me.  Haha.


No comments: