Wednesday, February 20, 2013

pullman's 1.5lb loaf pan

my mom very generously got me a kindle as my (early) birthday present when she was here visiting.  the store we got it from included a $25 amazon gift certificate.  they were probably doing that so i would purchase items for the kindle, but i couldn't resist the large 1.5lb pullman bread pan from my wish list i've been eyeing for a while.  it came in the mail the other day, so i just had to whip up some wheat bread:


just to give you an idea on the size:


i baked the loaf in front in my normal 8" loaf pan, and the mammoth behind it is from pullman's.  they looked gorgeous, but the dough was too dense; neither loaf was fully baked on the inside.  i tried again that afternoon and got another pullman loaf just fine.  i can make bread maybe just once a week now, with this larger pan!  thanks mom!

No comments: