Sunday, April 22, 2012

making pizza

what's better than pizza for dinner on a friday night?!  pace is my little helper--we have to convince him it's ok to play at the park, but he'll come running at any chance to help me unload the dishwasher, change laundry loads, or help out in the kitchen.  anytime dinner is going, he runs up to me and says, "up!  up!"  for me to pick him up so he can see what's simmering away in the pots and help stir them.  we have a little step stool he asks to climb up on, as well, so he can help out with whatever's happening at the counter.

at this point, he's such an obedient boy, and listens to and follows the instructions i give him that i have no qualms with him "helping" in the kitchen.  he knows to stir things in a pot "soft and gentle" so it won't splash out on him, he'll stay away from the oven when i open it (even though he's crying the whole time because i won't let him stay next to me), whenever he's sitting on the counter or the step stool, i am right there with him so we won't have any more "stunts" happen.  i explain each step i am doing when i'm prepping or cooking something, and he seems to enjoy it!

here we are, spreading semolina to roll out the pizza dough--he had a lot of fun with this step--i think more semolina ended up on the floor than the counter!  i showed him to keep it in a circle, but i think he just loved feeling the new texture and seeing it fly across the counter!  this was the first time he'd seen and used the rolling pin, but knew just where to hold it (i guess from watching me the first few times), and was ready to jump in and roll out the dough.  pace is such a good little boy--i love my kitchen time with him!  ps:  please excuse me in my third trimester "glory"--this trimester certainly isn't my most shining moment...

















No comments: