Sunday, July 20, 2008

2nd place citizen standing






david participated in the sundance hill climb yesterday!  this is a race for licensed cyclists competing for a cash prize, as well as recreational riders classified as "citizen riders".  david has worked really hard this year to get in shape, and getting back on his road bike has been his favorite part.
the race began at the entrance to sundance canyon, right off the highway, and the riders climbed a total of 8.2 miles and 2,800 vertical feet of elevation to the top.  david completed the climb in his best time of 55 minutes.  he won a 2nd place medal for his age category (recreational riders don't get cash prizes).
there were a couple of official teams racing--it was really neat to see them in matching jerseys and riding shorts--and they all had shaved their legs!!  david felt left out as one of the only guys without shaved legs.    

6 comments:

Ryan & Rachael said...

Congradulations David! I didn't even know that you were into road bikes. Goes to show how out of touch we are. I had my birthday this past week and went riding at Kelly Canyon. I am finally learning to pin it through banked turns. I have become addicted to slopestyle riding. It is awesome. I am planning a trip to I-street in august, would you be interested in accompanying me and teaching me some of your tricks? We love you guys.

robin marie said...

great job david! i rode up a wimpy hill in victoria and was wiped out!

Jay said...

Any time you post a personal best you have had a good ride!

I've never "pinned it," well, except for the Book of Mormon plates pin for the lapel of my jacket, but it sounds like a cool move...

And I haven't shaved my legs since college. Playing soccer I had to tape my ankles every game, and shaving my lower legs made it SO much more comfortable to put on the tape... Maybe shaving your legs next time you will post an even better time! Wow, not your legs only, "but also [your] hands and [your] head." I may be mixing up my images here, but THAT should get you a great time!

C-Biscuit said...

I guess that's pretty impressive but talk to me when you've won the Tour de France. Or at least one stage.

Sarah said...

Great job, David! Wow, I am very impressed at that vertical climb!

Destination Davis said...

Hey there Michal!!! We live here in Utah, Herriman to be exact. I LOVE it here! We should meet up if y'all are still around. Gimme a ring!