Monday, June 27, 2011

we are now mobile

one year for my birthday, my mom let me paint the mailbox. i used to collect all things giraffe, so i of course painted it using the giraffe theme. the only photo i could find was the record snow we had in '96...although the record snow northern va got two winters ago was probably double, if not triple, 1996 snow drifts.

another year for my birthday, i was waitressing at baby's in pa, and my dad, who lived in va, called in and ordered me a surprise birthday cake and balloons to be delivered during my shift. THAT was a very cool surprise.


ice cream cake was my favorite, even then. i must have been wishing for a barbie on this particular birthday...

'cause check out that face!...


i hit a home run on another birthday, with a pitch by my stepdad.


but yesterday was pretty darn neat as far as birthdays go. my baby got up on all fours and decided to take off crawling! david and i were playing carcassonne, and pace just had to get a piece of the action. we video taped his first little uncoordinated crawl, but we still can't figure out how to download videos onto our blog...sorry!



just catching up on a little light reading....

2 comments:

Jay said...

Ha! Do you remember when I painted that same mail box with zebra stripes? People told me that they used it for directions when people came to the neighborhood to visit. That probably happened with the giraffe too!

They don't get dangerous until they can start walking, and reaching...

Diana Alm said...

how sweet pace crawled on your birthday!!! i havebeen meaning to call...honestly i forgot! my m om comes in SLC aurport in 2 hours and things have been super busy and crazy...i will call you on my way to get her actually! ha ha =)