Thursday, March 5, 2009

6pm is not the new 6am



i tried to make 6pm my new morning time...i slept (fitfully) during the day, went to a 6pm spinning class at the rec center, stayed up at night, and spent two nights at my job.  i left a resignation letter on my supervisor's desk wednesday morning after i clocked out.  i have never left a job after only two days, and i feel kind of like a schmutz.  there were lots of reasons to leave, but it all comes down to the job just not being a good fit, and i unfortunately didn't know that until after i'd started it.  so i'm on the job market again... 
i am so grateful to have david--a supportive, loving husband who sticks by me and my decisions, who works so hard to provide for us, and who offers me the luxury of time to find the right job. 

1 comment:

Jay said...

Better up-front honesty then long-term stress. Night work is hard work, even when the job is a good fit.