Monday, November 3, 2008

the best we could come up with...

the photos were taken at our ward's trunk-or-treat activity; david came right from work and dressed up as a ups man, and i dressed up as his...box.  as boring as this is, i think it's actually an improvement over last year's last-minute efforts...  
the quality isn't that great--we're still trying to figure out our camera's best photo-taking ability at night and in the dark, so i tried to doctor them up on our computer, and this was the best i could do.  anyway, i am sooooo super impressed by all those creative moms and wives that come up with great costumes, either through sewing or piecing things together at home.  being a decorative wife isn't something i do...i love to cook and bake, so i usually do a special meal on a holiday, but things like making pumpkin-shaped pancakes, decorating with leaves and gourds, and even pumpkin carving escape me...anyway, i liked the box costume a lot!      

8 comments:

robin marie said...

the box is very creative! i approve! did david get you to your destination on time??

Ryan & Rachael said...

Yea yea! It may seem origanal to you, but I think it's great. Most people I know with kids dressed their kids all cutsi, adn then dressed according to what they had to create maybe a theme.

Anyway- I think you guys are awesome!

Jay said...

Special Delivery...!

Anonymous said...

Awww....what a creative idea! You'll be missed at Thanksgiving :(

Jay said...

By the way, your picture looks like I took it with my Kodak Brownie camera, when I was 8 or so.

You had to look into a 3/4'x3/4' window on top to center the shot, and keep the camera REAL still while you depressed the button on the right nearly an inch to snap the shot...

Where'd you get my Brownie!?

Sara said...

I'm totally with ya...I'm good at some things, but some gals are just waaay more creative than I :)

I do love the box costume!

Annette Bailey said...

You're so creative Michal!

FM Koppe said...

Michal box! Muito engraçada você, como sempre! Beijos!