Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the luckiest wife

i have a husband who has a heart of gold, who loves every meal i've ever made (except the bad ones), who tells me playing scrabble or battleship or settlers is about companionship, not competition, who laughs with (at?) me during my blonde moments, who plays ocean music at night for me because he knows i hate living land-locked, who takes interest in my interests by reading every book i've recommended to him, who always hugs me first thing in the morning, after work, and before bed, who makes brownies better than i do, who does all the dirty jobs around the house (especially cleaning up the bird poop), who would rather hang out with me than "the guys", who helped me break in the new kitchen aid (thanks, mom mom!) by making mint chocolate ganache cookies, who supported my triathlon goal last year by buying me a road bike (oh yeah, you need a bike to compete...), and the next year, learned how to swim so we could do the tri together! it was the share-a-smile mini triathlon at the end of august. check him out!! david finished the 400m swim, 10 mile bike, and 5k run in 1 hour 3 minutes. my knee gave out before i even started the run, so i hobbled across at 1 hour 23 minutes, i think.



1 comment:

robin marie said...

i definitely vote for keeping david around!