Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I Did It!

So I did it; I registered for the Tulip Festival Half.  It's going to be tight, with only 5 1/2 weeks vs. the normal 8 I like to use to get ready for an event, but I think it's going to be fun.  This course is about 9 miles of rollers, which is tough, but this year I know what I'm in for and am training accordingly.  So.  When you live in a flat lakebed, and you need to train on rollers, you get creative and improvise.  Two Saturdays ago I did laps on the overpass.  I'm not kidding. 


Then I got a notice about a running group heading up a trail early Saturday morning, and thought that would be good training!  It was a great run with a great group of people!  We ran up the Hot Pot trail in Diamond Fork Canyon, and part of the group turned around at the hot pots for a 6 mile total, and the other half of us continued on for another couple miles to make a complete 10 mile out and back.





The crazies who kept on going.  What a great group of people!  We were all just there to have fun, go for a great run, nothing to prove to anyone, no egos, just sun, fun, run, dirt, breathing, mountain fresh air!  It was so great to find this group!  I'm definitely going again!


No comments: