Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Few Things the Boys Have Been Learning

When Pace finishes a Unit in Upstart, the program has a whole day of fun "games".  This one was writing a story.  Pace spelled out each of these words for a story!  He wrote: "Snake fly yum fox went for lunch the duck."  He told me the snake ate a fly and thought it was yummy, then the fox got a duck for lunch.  We need to work on the syntax, but for Pace's first story, I think it was pretty great!



We were reading some library books and Max saw a question mark.  He pointed at it and said, "Mommy, that mark says, 'Why?' "  I was so surprised!  I don't think we'd talked about question marks yet!  After I saw he thought question marks were pretty cool and knew what they said, the next time we went to the library I found a book about exclamation marks.  Max thought it was equally as cool, and loved shouting, "EXclamation marks are Excited!!"


Family Night:  Reenacting scripture stories with a little help from Star Wars.  The boys loved it, and even asked to do Family night again the next week!  



No comments: