Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Few Adventures

David took his mountain bike up to the top of West Mountain--what a great view!  The BYU observatory is at the top of the mountain, and there is apparently a couple that lives up there year-round maintaining the grounds. 






I raved about the Hot Pots trail enough that David decided to check it out himself.  The best part of the run was when he came home saying he was super-super-impressed that I ran up there, as it was "real trail running".  Well, I guess I'm a trail runner now! 




Another Hot Pots Trail Run...in fact, this might have been from the same Saturday!  I went up early morning, and David must have gone that afternoon.




Last Friday David had taken the day off work for a dr's appointment, but his appointment got moved, and he forgot to change the day off at work...so he got an extra fun day off!  We decided to go up Payson Canyon and check out the Grotto Hike.  We parked a couple miles down the road so we could RUN up to the road to the path.  I was training for a half, after all.  So I ran intervals with the jogging stroller, run fast up the switchbacks, then coming back and running slow with the stroller to recover, then hand the stroller off to David and go fast again.  David hid the jogger in the trees at the trailhead and the boys got out to find walking sticks and hike.  And after all that work--1.5-2 miles of uphill switchbacks--we get to the grotto trail and I run ahead of David and the boys and find STAIRS.  Phew!  The run was only 3.5 miles total, I think, but boy was it work!

This was a fun hike for the boys!  Short, fun bridges to cross, a waterfall at the end!  They loved it!  







No comments: