Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving

 Max is excited that he gets to be in a big boy booster seat now!


The boys and I went to pick up my race packet.  The packets were held at DoTerra this year, and when we walked in and asked for directions for the conference rooms, the receptionist told us to "walk down the hall, past the Cafe".  Pace heard "Cafe" and his little eyes lit up.  When Bishka visits, she always take the boys to the BYU art museum and to the museum cafe afterwards; Pace knows a "cafe" is full of yummy treats.  We got smoothies and sat a a huge round table with a round bench! 


I roped a couple friends into this race with me!  I had a goal to run sub-2 hours, so we ended up not running the race together, but it was fun training and driving up together!



I started bawling the the finish line on this one...I feel really torn about this race.  I met my major goal:  I finished sub-2 hours, crossing the finish line at 1:55, shaving 7 minutes off last year's time.  I ran a PR, my fastest half ever.  BUT I ran a really dumb race.  I started with a too-fast pacer, and you know it's a bad run when every mile is harder (and slower) than the one before it.  I spent the last 12 weeks training to come in sub-2 (and a good sub-2, not just dead across the finish line sub-2):  I spent Mondays doing interval runs, Tuesdays and Thursdays at the gym doing back-to-back spin and Zutensity classes, Wednesdays doing tempo runs, Ridays doing yoga, and Saturdays doing distance runs.  I feel like I put the work in to shave off more than 7 minutes.  You know what this means...I'll just have to keep it up and run a smarter race next year!







No comments: