Friday, November 4, 2016

Fall Break

With Pace officially in school, he was on official Fall Break a few weeks ago!  I picked the boys up from school and I felt like I was on break, too!  I decided I could either scrub the bathrooms and make the boys do homework/reading/workbook, or we could enjoy the afternoon and go for a hike!!  I announced to the boys we were heading out on an adventure.  They looked at me with a very confused look--you could see them thinking, "But daddy is the one who does adventures..."  We invited some more friends to come with us, and we headed up to the hot pots.  I'd only done this hike running git with my trail runners group, and I have to admit I didn't realize how long it would take to hike with 6 kids, a dog, and 2 adults!  We left around 130 and didn't get back until 6!  I was thinking we'd be back around 330 or so, ha ha.  It was a perfect fall afternoon, and a great way to spend the first day of fall break!






No comments: