Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Bike Rides and Running

Pace loves, loves, loves riding his bike, and I love, love, love that he rides alongside me while I'm running!  I'm now only pushing Max in the jogger, which is much, much lighter than two boys.  Pace follows directions very well, and sticks by my side, on the inside, when we're on the road.  He's gone about 6.5-7 miles total when we've been out together, and he does great!  Wednesdays are our normal running to the Library day, and Mondays and Fridays we run along the river trail.  It's too hot now, and too late in the year, but a couple months ago the trail was full of butterflies.  We'd go up and down the trail looking for butterflies.  We found a bunch on a huge thistle one ride.


We've started taking one of Pace's best buddies with us, riding down to the park, and playing for a while before heading home.  They pack their bug jars and find snails and other beetles or bugs on the trail, love running through the sprinklers to cool off, and playing sea monster at the park.  We also love hitting up the honeysuckle bush on our way home.  

On another note, I love that Pace is expressing so much independence.  I think bike riding has helped with this, now that I think about it.  He wakes up in the morning, dresses himself, insists I give him privacy, gets his own drinks and snacks, opens and closes the garage door to go outside to play, reads, does his workbook, sits flipping through books...the list goes on.






No comments: