Sunday, April 26, 2015

tulip festival half

i seriously think the tulip festival half would be way more appropriately named the two-to-three-miles-tops-in-the-tulip-gardens-and-the-remaining-ten-miles-in-the-killer-steep-rollers-of-the-thanksgiving-point-golf-course half.  the gardens were beautiful, and the rollers were seriously killers.  i have no problem going up those darn things, but what goes up must come down, and man, those steep downhills over and over and over and over and over really makes your quads fell like jello going through a shredder.  very satisfied with my 2:16:01 finish time.  so fun seeing my bff heather and david and the boys at the finish line!--made me finish those last few hundred yards upright!




as you can see, i just love having pictures taken of just me.  i'm not self-conscious at all!



stats:  overall place: 266 (out of 542)
gender place: 138
division place: 25
(david wrote this on my notes: best wife contest: #1)


1 comment:

beth said...

I think your "after" photos look like "before" photos--so fresh and ready for a run!