Monday, May 30, 2016

Blacksmithing Demo

Dad Dad did a blacksmithing demo for us Monday morning!  Although we went to my grandparents for a couple weeks every summer, and I knew Dad Dad went to his shop every day, and did blacksmithing stuff, I don't think he'd ever given us a demo!  I was as excited to see this as my boys!  Dad Dad dressed up in his Ye Olde Blacksmith Outfit he wears when doing demos with groups.  He showed the boys how to make a spiral, a decorative leaf, and gave them each a horseshoe with their names punched into the shoe!












 












Dad Dad showed me his floor covering he made at his summer camp.  I'm thinking about using this idea in my art classes with the folk art class project.


Then we went outside to Dad Dad's mobile blacksmith shop!



And, for good measure, we played with Mom Mom's magic elevator chairs for a little before heading out for lunch.  






...and checked out the basement!  Favorite summertime hide-and-seek-and-dried-peach-indulging spot!  


No comments: