Friday, December 11, 2015

aaaaaaand we're outside working again...

 prep work is reply much the pits.  in order to build the walkway we were planning to do on saturday, i had to move a) the huge pile of gravel we thought we would have used up but didn't and b) bury the water drainage pipe.  i spent an entire day moving gravel, wheelbarrow load by wheelbarrow load.  i was wasted by the end of the day--the worst work by far for me, and the sorest at the end of the day and the day after.  there were times i'd stand just to stretch out my back or look and see how things were going and pace would say, "mommy, why are you stopping?  there are still blue skies!"  oh that worker bee...the neighbor girls even came out telling me they felt bad just watching me shovel gravel and wanted to help.  




day 2 took me just about 2 hours to pickax a trench and bury the drainage pipe.  i'd definitely take trenching for 2 hours over moving gravel for 8 hours.  



No comments: