Saturday, January 11, 2020

June 2019

June 2, 2019:

Summer break rules are up and running! I found some Ted Ed videos for kids—animated educational short videos on any range of topics, science, history, health, etc. We decided to incorporate these videos into our weekly routine. Max was so excited to show me his first write up, he watched a video about how many universes there are.



June 2, 2019:

We got to bring Pace to his dance rehearsal and see his perform his own classes’ dance and the final group number. This boy never stops loving, it’s been fun to watch him find movement in dance and on stage.




June 2, 2019:

Max turned 7 on June 1!! He already seems older and more grown up. We started the day opening presents and eating donuts for breakfast. With two presents, his bike spoke glow in the dark lights, and a treasure X toy, I gave him two of each. He promptly saw he had two of each thing, and said, “Look, Pace! There’s enough for you to have one, too!” And he freely handed one over to his brother. Max has such a tender heart. He’s a little stinker, and can he stubbornly dramatic, but he just feels everything so closely to his heart, I think. We are lucky to have his sweet little heart in our family. 
Then we did haircuts and showers, and then went and picked up Max’s best friend Owen to have some fun at Coin Crazy. The boys had a great time playing. Then we went home for pizza, cake, and a fun movie.







June 2, 2019:

Pace's first dance recital. He loved doing a dance interpretation of "The Human Brain." They started with a blue backlit stage and flashlights. Then lit the stage and showed all the movement and activity in the brain with dance. At the end they could free dance and Pace loved busting his favorite dance moves. Genuine smiles from a sweet little boy!







June 7, 2019:

Founder's Day fun at Rocky Mountain University!  Games, pie in the president' face, hot dogs, and boys who love their tall socks!



 

June 8, 2019:

Boys-only morning when mommy is out on a run means we discovered a new doughnut place in town, Cowboy Doughnuts--as seen on the Food Network!


June 9, 2019:

What to do while waiting for Max to get ready for bed?  Read!


June 10, 2019:

Bishka is awesome to spend afternoons with the boys over the summer while I am working (we have sitters in the mornings).  Between their summer to do list and library clubs and activities, they are staying pretty busy!









June 10, 2019:

If anyone ever told you throwing colors chalk at people isn't fun, they are wrong.







June 13, 2019:

Pace watched a summer Ted video on how muscles get tired after being used a lot. “And I didn’t learn anything. At all!” Here I was, remembering Anatomy and Physiology class where we had two whole lecture periods devoted to how muscles contract, relax, the fiber mechanisms required, the Krebs cycle and ADP glucose and glycogen for energy, etc. etc. ...So then he decided to watch another video on black holes eating earth, and his eyes lit up telling me everything he learned. 
Also, he was playing out in the sprinklers with his neighbor friend, and got all wet. Bishka told him to go upstairs and hang his clothes on the doorknob instead of putting them in the hamper soaking wet. When he asked why, Bishka told him so his clothes won’t get moldy just sitting in the hamper. He changed his clothes, but not his underwear. When Bishka learned this, she kind of rolled her eyes, like he hadn’t finished the job properly, and his wet underwear was now making his dry clothes damp. He looked at her and said, “Will my body get moldy?” 
This kid cracks me up.

June 15, 2019:

More summertime fun at the library. Max loves the Magic Treehouse club, and Pace has fun with the Star Wars Jedi Knight club. They both love the STEAM science club. I’m grateful to have Bishka here, she’s been so generous to drive the boys around to these activities.



June 15, 2019:

I wanted a long downhill run without shredding my legs a week before the AF Canyon half next Saturday, so I hit up good ol’ West Mountain this morning. Legs felt good and strong the whole time, I think I could have pushed it a bit more, but didn’t want to blow anything just a week out from the event. Excited to push it next week, hoping for a sub-2 PR 🤞🏻🤞🏻



June 16, 2019:

Finally getting our garden in this year. I love working hard together as a family and accomplishing this together. We decided to turn the upper garden into a full berry patch, and added about 12 new raspberry, blackberry, and boysenberry plants. In another 2-3 years we’ll have an amazing berry crop! 
The lower garden area we are putting in tomatoes, corn, carrots, bell peppers, basil, three different kinds of melon...nothing that will attract squash bugs! We hate dealing with those little buggers, and decided to plant nothing that attracts them, despite our love for fall squashes.



June 16, 2019:

Happy Fathers Day. The boys made individualized books for daddy, with some of their favorite things about him and personalized characters. Max has both him and daddy wearing matching camouflage, and daddy had a beard so long, his arms cane out if it instead of shoulders. Pace drew them as almost carbon copies of each other, which is nothing short of the truth. 
David is patient, kind, and loving, and the boys love their traditions with him: going on adventures, checking out cool places with him, getting cereal, donuts, and special chocolate milk for breakfast Saturday morning while I’m out on a long run.





June 21, 2019:

Neighborhood Grill & Chill!






June 21, 2019:

It is past my bedtime...I’m getting up at 2:45am to make it to the busses in time to run the AF Canyon Half tomorrow 🥴🥳...My A goal? Push myself, hard, for a sub-2 PR. (And now that I’ve written that in stone, I better produce the results, no?😶🤦🏼‍♀️). And yes, I’m going to run with my pack because in order to hit that goal I can’t stop at any aid stations. 
Also—and let’s be honest, most importantly—which socks should I wear? Strong, Fearless, or Beautiful??

June 22, 2019:
Hot damn, I did it!!! I am so proud of myself, and it feels so so so good to say that. This was the first race I think I’ve done where I finished feeling proud of the way I ran every single mile, instead of finishing and saying “It was good, but...”. I was FEARLESS this morning, running the strongest I’ve ever run with splits the fastest I’ve ever had. 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🎉🎉🎉
My stinkin watch only recorded 12.9 miles, so Strava won’t give me a half PR, but I did it—I PR’d by 3-4 minutes from my last road half. If I’d had my wits about me, I’d have run loops in the parking lot for those two tenths of a mile, just for the sake of recording it...🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
The last time I wanted to run a sub-2 half, I spent 4-6 months working on speed work, tempo runs, etc., and that race was dang hard, I barely made my goal. Turns out you can also run trails for three years to get stronger 😂
I always follow David's running advice, his advice was what got me to my goal today. Thanks, babe, for all your support and love. ❤️❤️❤️





June 26, 2019:

Taco Wednesday for my birthday!


June 26, 2019:

The boys laughed so hard at this comic, they loved the voices I did, thought the line “Your foot hurts? What kind of stupid problem is that?!” was the best, and made me read it at least ten times in a row. Giggling all the way through.


 June 29, 2019:

I’ve reached that age where I get Happy Birthday emails and texts from the chiropractor, physical therapist, dentist, podiatrist...😂😂
But I’m also in the phase of life where I have a tradition with awesome running friends to go on a birthday run. This morning was a perfect morning up to Lake Blanche and exploring the other lakes, waterfalls, and filling my soul with the sights, views, and fragrances of the morning. Thanks for the company, Jen, it was just what I needed to top off for the week👌🏻











 



June 29, 2019:

More summer fun with Bishka. I got home from work one afternoon to them playing “Sale”, where they had little stores set up and we’re bartering, trading, and selling based on some sort of intergalactic monetary unit. Very cute—so glad my mom is generous enough to help out in the afternoons, keeping them playing creatively instead of mind-numbing screen time.





June 29, 2019:

Our backyard is the neighborhood kid zone, despite all the other houses having trampolines, real pools, bigger backyards...




No comments: