Friday, January 10, 2020

February 2019

Feb 1, 2019:

The day Max asked me if bikes were invented when I was a kid. It was warm enough to race around the culdesac a few times before heading in.



Feb 1, 2019:

Everyone cuddled up watching The Princess Bride for the First Time:


Feb 2, 2019:

That time Max learned that Monopoly auctions are hilarious when you raise the bid by $200 out of the blue.


Feb 2, 2019:

Tonight’s parenting moment:
Max is given the job of putting his clothes away and stops 2/3rds of the way up the stairs because he is “so tired!” Here is the Dad pep talk that ensued;
“When I did my big bike race in St George, how many miles did I ride?”
“I dunno.”
“300 miles, Max. I rode my bike 300 miles.” 
“Wow.” 
“And how long did it take me?”
“I dunno.”
“It took me 22 hours.”
“That’s a whole day.” 
“Yes, it is. And did I stop when I felt sick?”
“No.”
“Did I stop when I got hot, or tired?”
“No.”
“When did I stop?”
“When you finished?”
“That’s right. I stopped when the race was finished. Not when I was tired, or thirsty, or sick. I stopped when I was finished. And how far did mommy run in Moab?”
(Now grinning) “A million miles?”
“She ran 26.2 miles. Did she stop when she was tired?”
“No.”
“Did she stop when she was thirsty or hungry?”
“No.”
“When did she stop?”
“When she finished!” 
“Now pick up your clothes and finish!”
He had to do it a stair at a time and grunted with the effort, but that boy put his clothes away! Then he collapsed on the floor exhausted and panting.
Feb 4, 2019:
Snickerdoodle Sunday



Feb 4, 2019:

Got some great dry miles on the BST today! My left IT band got a little mad at me when we did double the miles I was planning, but I don’t listen to whiners. 🙉 (I’ll pay for it, though...hopefully a good soak and roll out session tonight will help 🤞🏻)




Feb 6, 2019:
When your grandma breaks her dominant hand but still sends you a card. 


Feb 6, 2019:

I love this view!


Feb 8, 2019:

It took a while to find the right fit, but we got there. First real “adult job” post-grad school: Program Coordinator for Rocky Mountain University’s new Doctorate of Medical Science Program. I negotiated a work from home option for Fridays, and I’m pretty sure I have the best boss on the planet. Start date: 2/13.


Feb 8, 2019:

Sick day today. Max is sporting a 103 fever, and as we were walking out the door to get him checked for strep or an ear infection, Pace decided to throw up all over the floor instead of in the vomit bag I’d given him. Everything paused so I could swab the deck, then back to business. They both seem to have viral bugs, just hanging low today. Better to have this all happen today instead of next Wednesday!


Little Foxy watching over sick little Max...


Feb 9, 2019:

Fancy Schmancy date night! We went to the new restaurant to go to: TRUReligion, where they serve breakfast all day long. And not just any breakfast, gourmet, homemade well-priced breakfast. It was delicious and definitely somewhere we are going to have to visit again. 
Then we went up to Abravanel Hall for the symphony. We saw the Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6, so we listened to some Tchaikovsky facts and information on the symphony on the drive up to Salt Lake. This was his last symphony; he died 9 days after its first performance. Such a fun evening!



We got home from our date to this cute little balloon valentine display from the boys.  The definitely have my whole heart!



Feb 13, 2019:

Valentine’s dinner at the church ❤️💕 We had a yummy dinner, sat with Brandt and Lindsey Esplin and Rex and Sherrie Larsen—two very good friends. Ray and Sandy Morley told us their history as a married couple, and Denhi Chaney shared her view of the love languages as a marriage and family therapist. We had a fun evening out!


Feb 13, 2019:

It’s official! First day as DMSc Program Assistant at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions. The whole day was spent doing online trainings, but I felt so, so lucky to have landed there. The whole day I was moved to tears, just feeling and knowing I was in the right place at the right time.



Feb 14, 2019:

Happy Valentine’s Day! Pace promptly told me he didn’t like anything I put in the buckets...😂, but he did like the pink smoothie I made, and all the hearts I wrote something I loved about him. Max approved the buckets and love notes 💕❤️



Feb 16, 2019:

My goal today was to run 10-15, but be extra cautious with my knee and IT band that routinely gives me trouble. I already have a pretty pokey pace, but went extra slow on the downhills. I felt great at 6 and decided to not push my luck, so I turned around, for a total of 12. Perfect afternoon for a run!









Feb 17, 2019:

The day Pace asked me “When do you feel like you want to get married? Why do people want to get married? And I don’t feel like I want to ever get married at all!” So we discussed puberty and changes in hormones, what it feels like to like someone, the different ways people date, and you don’t have to marry the first person you date. We talked about we relieve getting sealed in the temple joins you together for eternity, so choosing to marry someone is a big deal—you want to find someone you like being around, you love being around, your best friend, someone you work well with and can be a good team with, someone you want to have kids with. We talked a little bit about how David and I met—and that we wrote letters for two and a half years before even meeting in person, and then dated for another year after that before getting married. And we talked about how he’s going to live a lot of life in between now and getting married—he’s going to finish high school, go on a mission, do some or all of college before getting married. At the end I said he was only 8, and it made me really happy that he didn’t feel like he wanted to marry anyone, because he shouldn’t right now. That made him smile a little.


Feb 17, 2019:

Man cave coming together!! David’s been working hard on his room, and it’s looking so nice. Just needs a few more action figures. 😉





Feb 21, 2019:

Max's teacher had the class celebrate 101 days of school by dressing up as Cruella DeVil and the dalmation puppies!


Feb 23, 2019:
I was planning on doing Deer Creek this morning, but with a busy day ahead of us, David suggested I remove the 1 ½ hour round trip drive from my allotted run time. Great suggestion 👍🏻
When I left the house and saw the sun warming up West Mountain, I decided to head out there instead of the BST. West Mountain is not the prettiest, but it’s great for winter mileage, the south side is great for elevation, and it’s great for views of the whole valley at the top. 
Today I needed mileage, so I just stuck to the canal road along the base. What was really cool was getting back to my car at 10:30 and realizing I had time to add a couple more miles in! So I tacked on a tiny out and back at the end and ran down to the lake, for a solid 15, feeling strong 😊🙌🏻





And when Mommy is out on a long trail run, it's fun breakfast for daddy and the boys!  Daddy took everyone to pick out a cereal and doughnut.


No comments: